Reproductive Health Important Points For NEET: Reproductive health is a state of the physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being in all matters related to reproductive system, its functions, and processes. It includes ability to have a satisfying and safe sex life, capability to reproduce, and freedom to decide if, when, and how often to do so.
Reproductive health encompasses the various aspects, including family planning, preconception care, antenatal care, safe and legal abortion, postnatal care, prevention and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and management of the infertility.
Family planning involves use of various methods to regulate the fertility, such as contraception and sterilization. Preconception care focuses on health of both the parents before they conceive to ensure best possible health outcomes for the child. Antenatal care provides the medical care during the pregnancy to monitor health of the mother and the developing fetus. Postnatal care involves the medical care for mother and child after the childbirth to promote their health and well-being.
Safe and legal abortion is a reproductive health service that allows the women to terminate the unwanted pregnancies. The provision of safe abortion services is essential to prevent the unsafe abortions, which can lead to the serious health consequences and even death.
Prevention and treatment of the sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are also essential components of the reproductive health. STIs can cause infertility, increase risk of HIV transmission, and lead to other health problems if left untreated.
Finally, management of the infertility involves diagnosis and treatment of the conditions that prevents the couples from conceiving a child. Infertility affects both the men and women, and the reproductive health services and aims to address underlying causes of the infertility and help the couples to achieve their desired family size.
Reproductive health important points, Reproductive health important points, Reproductive health important points, Reproductive health important points, Reproductive health important points, Reproductive health important points
NCERT biology class 12 chapter 4 – 25 important points on reproductive health
There are 25 important points on reproductive health important points:
1. Reproductive health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being in all the matters relating to reproductive system.
2. Access to the comprehensive sexual and the reproductive health services is a basic human right.
3. Family planning is an essential component of the reproductive health and allows the individuals to plan and achieve their desired family size.
4. Safe and effective contraception is available in various forms, including the pills, injections, intrauterine devices (IUDs), and condoms.
5. Preconception care is important for both the men and the women, as it can help to identify and address the potential reproductive health issues before the conception.
6. Prenatal care is important during the pregnancy to ensure health of both mother and the developing fetus.
7. Safe abortion services should be available to all the individuals who need them.
8. Comprehensive sexuality education is important for the individuals of all the ages to promote healthy relationships, prevent the unintended pregnancies, and prevent the sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
9. STIs are common and can have various serious health consequences if left untreated.
10. Regular STI testing and treatment can help to prevent spread of the infections and promotes the reproductive health.
11. HIV/AIDS is a global health concern and can be prevented through use of the condoms and the antiretroviral therapy.
12. Maternal mortality is a significant issue, particularly in the developing countries where access to maternal healthcare is limited.
13. Skilled birth attendants and access to the emergency obstetric care can help to reduce the maternal mortality.
14. Gender-based violence can have a significant impact on the reproductive health, including the unintended pregnancies, STIs, and the mental health issues.
15. Sexual and reproductive health services should be accessible to the individuals of all the genders, ages, and backgrounds.
16. Health systems should be equipped to provide the culturally sensitive and non-judgmental care to all the individuals seeking the reproductive health services.
17. Reproductive health services should be confidential and respect the individuals’ privacy and autonomy.
18. Family and community support can be important for the individuals seeking reproductive health services.
19. Infertility affects both the men and women and can have a significant impact on the mental health and well-being.
20. Assisted reproductive technologies, such as in the vitro fertilization (IVF), can help the individuals to achieve their desired family size.
21. Adolescent health is a critical component of the reproductive health, as early sexual debut can have various significant health consequences.
22. Education and access to the contraception can help to prevent the unintended pregnancies in the adolescents.
23. Men’s reproductive health is important and includes the issues such as fertility, prostate health, and the sexual function.
24. Men should be included in various discussions and services related to the reproductive health.
25. Reproductive health is a global issue, and the international cooperation is important to ensure the access to the reproductive health services for all the individuals.
Some Important Questions From Biology Class 11
|Chapter Name||Quiz Link|
|The Living World||Play Now|
|Biological Classification||Play Now|
|Plant Kingdom||Play Now|
|Animal Kingdom||Play Now|
|Morphology of flowering plants||Play Now|
|Anatomy of flowering plants||Play Now|
|Cell: the unit of life||Play Now|
|Cell Cycle and cell division||Play Now|
|Transport in Plants||Play Now|
|Structural organisation in Animals||Play Now|
|Mineral nutrition||Play Now|
|Photosynthesis in higher plants||Play Now|
|Respiration in plants||Play Now|
|Plant Growth and development||Play Now|
|Digestion and Absorption||Play Now|
|Breathing and Exchange of Gases||Play Now|
|Body fluids and circulation||Play Now|
|Excretory products and their elimination||Play Now|
|Locomotion and Movement||Play Now|
|Neural Control and Coordination||Play Now|
|Chemical Coordination and Integration||Play Now|
Some Important Questions From Biology Class 12
|Chapter Name||Quiz Link|
|Reproduction in organism||Play Now|
|Sexual reproduction in flowering plant||Play Now|
|Human reproduction||Play Now|
|Reproductive health||Play Now|
|Principles of inheritance and variation||Play Now|
|Molecular basis of inheritance||Play Now|
|Human health and disease||Play Now|
|Strategies for enhancement in food product||Play Now|
|Microbes in human welfare||Play Now|
|Biotechnology principles and processes||Play Now|
|Biotechnology and its application||Play Now|
|Organism and population||Play Now|
|Biodiversity and its conservation||Play Now|
|Environment issue||Play Now|