Body fluids and circulation important points: The body fluids and the circulatory system are vital for maintaining the homeostasis, facilitating substance transport, and regulating the body temperature and fluid balance. The main body fluids includes blood, lymph, interstitial fluid, and cerebrospinal fluid.
The heart is the center of circulatory system, which is responsible for transporting the blood, oxygen, and nutrients throughout body. The lymphatic system and the respiratory system are closely connected with circulatory system.
Health problems such as anemia, hemophilia, thrombosis, atherosclerosis, hypertension, heart disease, stroke, deep vein thrombosis, and shock can occur if circulatory system is not functioning properly. A healthy lifestyle and the medical treatments can help to support the circulatory system and prevent these conditions.
Body Fluids and Circulation Important Points, Body Fluids and Circulation Important Points, Body Fluids and Circulation Important Points, Body Fluids and Circulation Important Points, Body Fluids and Circulation Important Points
NCERT Biology Class 11 Chapter 18, 25 important points | Body Fluids and Circulation Important Points
There are 25 important points onBody Fluids and Circulation Important Points
1. Body fluids plays a crucial role in maintaining the homeostasis and facilitating transport of the substances throughout the body.
2. The body fluids includes blood, lymph, interstitial fluid, and the cerebrospinal fluid.
3. Blood is a specialized body fluid that contains the red and the white blood cells, platelets, and plasma.
4. The circulatory system, which is also known as cardiovascular system, is responsible for transporting the blood, oxygen, and nutrients to the cells and tissues throughout the body.
5. The heart is center of the circulatory system, acting as a pump that propels the blood through blood vessels.
6. The arterial system carries out the oxygenated blood away from the heart to the rest of the body, while venous system returns the deoxygenated blood back to the heart.
7. Blood pressure is the force exerted by blood on the walls of blood vessels and is regulated by the circulatory system.
8. The lymphatic system is a secondary circulatory system that helps to maintain the fluid balance in body and is also involved in the immune system function.
9. Lymphatic vessels carries lymph, a clear fluid that contains the waste products and excess fluid from the tissues, back to the bloodstream.
10. Interstitial fluid is the fluid that surrounds and bathes cells and tissues in the body.
11. Cerebrospinal fluid is a clear, watery fluid that surrounds brain and spinal cord, providing cushioning as well as support.
12. The blood-brain barrier is a specialized layer of the cells that separates the brain from circulatory system and helps to maintain a stable environment for the brain.
13. The circulatory system also plays an important role in regulating the body temperature by carrying the heat away from core of the body to the skin.
14. The respiratory system is closely connected with circulatory system, as it provides oxygen that the blood carries to the cells and removes the carbon dioxide.
15. Anemia is a condition in which there is a deficiency of the red blood cells, leading to a decreased ability of blood to carry oxygen.
16. Hemophilia is a genetic disorder in which blood’s ability to clot is impaired, leading to the excessive bleeding.
17. Thrombosis is formation of a blood clot within the blood vessel, which can block flow of blood and leads to serious health problems.
18. Atherosclerosis is a condition in which walls of arteries becomes thick and stiff, making it more difficult for the blood to flow through them.
19. Hypertension, or high blood pressure, is a condition in which blood pressure in the vessels is consistently higher than the normal, which can lead to the heart disease and stroke.
20. Heart disease is a term used to describe a range of the conditions that affects the heart, including coronary artery disease, heart attack, and heart failure.
21. Stroke is a serious medical condition in which blood supply to the brain is disrupted, leading to the brain damage and potentially death.
22. Deep vein thrombosis is a condition in which a blood clot forms in a deep vein, usually in leg, which can be dangerous if the clot dislodges and travels to lungs.
23. Shock is a life-threatening condition in which circulatory system fails to deliver enough blood and oxygen to body’s tissues, leading to organ failure.
24. The circulatory system can be supported through a healthy lifestyle, including the regular exercise, a balanced diet, and not smoking.
25. Medical treatments for the circulatory problems can range from the lifestyle changes and medication to surgery and other medical procedures, depending on severity and type of condition.
Some Important Questions From Biology Class 11
|Chapter Name||Quiz Link|
|The Living World||Play Now|
|Biological Classification||Play Now|
|Plant Kingdom||Play Now|
|Animal Kingdom||Play Now|
|Morphology of flowering plants||Play Now|
|Anatomy of flowering plants||Play Now|
|Cell: the unit of life||Play Now|
|Cell Cycle and cell division||Play Now|
|Transport in Plants||Play Now|
|Structural organisation in Animals||Play Now|
|Mineral nutrition||Play Now|
|Photosynthesis in higher plants||Play Now|
|Respiration in plants||Play Now|
|Plant Growth and development||Play Now|
|Digestion and Absorption||Play Now|
|Breathing and Exchange of Gases||Play Now|
|Body fluids and circulation||Play Now|
|Excretory products and their elimination||Play Now|
|Locomotion and Movement||Play Now|
|Neural Control and Coordination||Play Now|
|Chemical Coordination and Integration||Play Now|
Some Important Questions From Biology Class 12
|Chapter Name||Quiz Link|
|Reproduction in organism||Play Now|
|Sexual reproduction in flowering plant||Play Now|
|Human reproduction||Play Now|
|Reproductive health||Play Now|
|Principles of inheritance and variation||Play Now|
|Molecular basis of inheritance||Play Now|
|Human health and disease||Play Now|
|Strategies for enhancement in food product||Play Now|
|Microbes in human welfare||Play Now|
|Biotechnology principles and processes||Play Now|
|Biotechnology and its application||Play Now|
|Organism and population||Play Now|
|Biodiversity and its conservation||Play Now|
|Environment issue||Play Now|