Biotechnology: Principles and processes important points: Biotechnology is a field of science that applies the biological processes, organisms, and systems to develop the useful products and services for the human use. It involves manipulation of the living organisms or their components for various applications.
The principles of biotechnology involves use of biological processes to produce the useful products or services. These processes can be natural or artificial and can include the genetic engineering, fermentation, and cell culture. Biotechnology also involves use of the various technologies such as DNA sequencing, PCR (polymerase chain reaction), gene editing, and bioinformatics.
The processes of biotechnology can be classified into two main categories: traditional and the modern biotechnology. Traditional biotechnology involves use of natural processes such as fermentation, while the modern biotechnology involves use of the genetic engineering and other advanced technologies.
Overall, biotechnology is a rapidly growing field that has potential to provide the significant benefits to the society. Its principles and processes are continually evolving as the new technologies emerge and scientists discover new ways to apply the biological systems and processes to solve the problems and improve our lives.
Biotechnology: principles and processes important points, Biotechnology: principles and processes important points, Biotechnology: principles and processes important points, Biotechnology: principles and processes important points, Biotechnology: principles and processes important points,
NCERT biology class 12 chapter 11 – 25 important points on biotechnology: principles and processes
There are 25 important points on biotechnology: principles and processes important points :
1. Biotechnology involves use of living organisms or their products to make the useful products and processes.
2. Biotechnology has many applications in the fields such as the medicine, agriculture, environmental science, and industry.
3. The principles of biotechnology includes the genetic engineering, fermentation, and bioprocessing.
4. Genetic engineering involves the manipulation of DNA of the organisms to create new traits or characteristics.
5. Fermentation involves use of the microorganisms to produce a product, such as beer, cheese, or antibiotics.
6. Bioprocessing involves using the living cells or enzymes to produce the useful products, such as biofuels or bioplastics.
7. Biotechnology relies on a deep understanding of the genetics, molecular biology, and biochemistry.
8. Biotechnology involves use of sophisticated laboratory equipment and the techniques.
9. Biotechnology requires the strict adherence to the ethical standards and regulations to ensure the safety and avoid potential harm.
10. Biotechnology has revolutionized the medicine with development of the new drugs, vaccines, and gene therapies.
11. Biotechnology has transformed the agriculture with development of the genetically modified crops that are more resistant to the pests and diseases.
12. Biotechnology has contributed to the environmental science through development of the bioremediation techniques to clean up the pollution.
13. Biotechnology has had a significant impact on industry through development of the biomanufacturing processes that are more sustainable and efficient.
14. Biotechnology has the potential applications in space exploration, such as development of the biological systems that can sustain the human life on long-duration missions.
15. Biotechnology can be used to create the synthetic organisms that can perform the specific tasks, such as cleaning up oil spills.
16. Biotechnology can be used to create the new materials, such as bio-based plastics and fibers.
17. Biotechnology can be used to create the new sources of energy, such as the biofuels and biogas.
18. Biotechnology can be used to develop the new diagnostic tools and methods for detecting the diseases.
19. Biotechnology can be used to create the new therapies for treating the genetic diseases and cancer.
20. Biotechnology can be used to enhance the food production by increasing the crop yields and developing the new food products.
21. Biotechnology can be used to develop the new bioreactor systems for producing the large quantities of biological products.
22. Biotechnology can be used to develop the new methods for drug delivery and targeting.
23. Biotechnology can be used to create the new industrial enzymes for use in manufacturing processes.
24. Biotechnology can be used to create the new methods for the waste management and recycling.
25. Biotechnology has potential to transform the society by providing the solutions to some of world’s most pressing challenges, such as climate change, disease, and hunger.
Some Important Questions From Biology Class 11
|Chapter Name||Quiz Link|
|The Living World||Play Now|
|Biological Classification||Play Now|
|Plant Kingdom||Play Now|
|Animal Kingdom||Play Now|
|Morphology of flowering plants||Play Now|
|Anatomy of flowering plants||Play Now|
|Cell: the unit of life||Play Now|
|Cell Cycle and cell division||Play Now|
|Transport in Plants||Play Now|
|Structural organisation in Animals||Play Now|
|Mineral nutrition||Play Now|
|Photosynthesis in higher plants||Play Now|
|Respiration in plants||Play Now|
|Plant Growth and development||Play Now|
|Digestion and Absorption||Play Now|
|Breathing and Exchange of Gases||Play Now|
|Body fluids and circulation||Play Now|
|Excretory products and their elimination||Play Now|
|Locomotion and Movement||Play Now|
|Neural Control and Coordination||Play Now|
|Chemical Coordination and Integration||Play Now|
Some Important Questions From Biology Class 12
|Chapter Name||Quiz Link|
|Reproduction in organism||Play Now|
|Sexual reproduction in flowering plant||Play Now|
|Human reproduction||Play Now|
|Reproductive health||Play Now|
|Principles of inheritance and variation||Play Now|
|Molecular basis of inheritance||Play Now|
|Human health and disease||Play Now|
|Strategies for enhancement in food product||Play Now|
|Microbes in human welfare||Play Now|
|Biotechnology principles and processes||Play Now|
|Biotechnology and its application||Play Now|
|Organism and population||Play Now|
|Biodiversity and its conservation||Play Now|
|Environment issue||Play Now|